Every patient starting cognitive or speech rehabilitation therapy is different and requires a personalized therapy regimen, based on who they are, their diagnosis and the progress they are making towards their recovery goals. With the use of “big data"-driven analytics, it is now possible to micro-personalize therapy for patients.
Constant Therapy’s unique NeuroPerformance Engine™ is the behind-the-scenes technology that makes our therapy customized for each patient. It uses large sets of data and algorithms vetted by neuroscientists and clinicians, to deliver recommended therapy exercises for stroke and brain injury survivors. These exercises are designed to meet the therapy criteria for each user’s specific diagnosis and demographics.
As more and more exercises are completed (50 million as of October 2017!), the engine gets more precise and can recommend the best therapy program for each user’s needs.
For patients, it’s like having an expert clinician with them all the time.
The basics of how the engine works
- New customers working with a clinician or on their own, download the Constant Therapy App on a tablet and fill out demographic and diagnostic information.
- The Engine searches the database of people who fit the same profile and decides on the most appropriate cohort.
- The program then analyzes what therapy content actually worked to improve cognitive and speech functions for that cohort of people and automatically recommends specific exercises in different categories and difficulty levels that are the best match.
- The clinician and the client can decide whether to accept or adjust the recommended exercise program and then the program begins to deliver content and measure new results.
- As the user continues to complete the exercises, the Engine adjusts the therapy content based on factors such as accuracy, speed, and cues requested.
How this process helps work on core life skills after brain injury or stroke
Constant Therapy’s primary goal is to help brain injury, aphasia and stroke survivors work on their core life skills, and to help clinicians to use the program and data to further their exceptional work with their clients. Things like reading comprehension, telling time, selecting items from a menu, listening to a voicemail and understanding the main messages, etc. – these are all practiced exercises which, when “remastered”, translate into life skills and help get back to the activities enjoyed prior to injury.
And all this from millions of points of data!
Constant Therapy is a cognitive & speech therapy app that helps people with brain injury, stroke and aphasia work on key speech and cognitive skills – like memory, math, reading, writing, counting change, and more – needed to get back to an active life. Built and tested by a team of top neuroscientists and clinicians at Boston University, Constant Therapy has proven effective in multiple peer-reviewed, published research studies. Both clinicians and patients can download and use Constant Therapy.